Basel Committee on Banking Supervision and Administration Commission has issued more than one paper to emphasize on the importance of soundmechanism for enhancing the ability of s to guard against risk; the role of sound to reduce s’risk is also reflected in “Basel Ⅱ”; the subprime mortgage crisis mercilessly expose all the shortcomings and deficiencies of the corporate governance in the U.S. banking sector. Corporate governance’s significant impact on commercial banks’ risk-taking has already become the consensus of the community. With the continuous development and further opening degree of China’s financial market, China’s commercial banks are facing more and more diverse risk. In this context a clear understanding of the relationship between the corporate governance and commercial banks’ risk-taking in China is very important for improving the corporate governance of China’s commercial banks and helping banks to guard against the risk they face.This article firstly selects six representative banks from the listed commercial banks in China; and analyzes the status and characteristics of commercial banks’ corporate governance in China from the aspects of ownership concentration, shareholding property, Board Governance, Supervisory Board governance and incentive mechanism. Secondly, author theoretically analyzes the impact of ownership structure, supervision mechanism and incentive mechanism on commercial banks’ risk-taking in China. Finally, author empirically tests the impact of corporate governance on sample banks’ risk-taking based on the data of listed banks. Based on the theoretical analyze and empirical test, combined the status and characteristics of commercial banks’ corporate governance in China, this paper draws following main conclusions:(1)highly concentrated ownership structure has a positive impact on commercial banks’ risk-taking in China;(2)excessive state ownership has a negative impact on commercial banks’ risk-taking in China;(3)the size of Board has no significant effect on commercial banks’ risk-taking in China;(4)the introduction of independent directors has a positive impact on commercial banks’ risk-taking in China;(5)the increasing scale of Supervisory Board has a negative impact on commercial banks’risk-taking in China;(6)the introduction of external supervisors has a negative impact on commercial banks’risk-taking in China;(7)current remuneration incentive mechanism has a negative impact on commercial banks’ risk-taking in China.
Frequent Buyer Deals!
Buy 4 Get 1 Free
Customer Care Center
Exclusive Order Taking Hotline
- The Comparisions and Research on the Theory of the Future Society Amomg Plato, Marx&Friedrich Engels
- Synthesis of 3, 4-dihydro-2H-pyrido[3, 2-b][1, 4] Oxazines and Its Analogs
- Research on Siraidia Grosvenrii Features and Spezies Identification Based on Digital Image Processing and Artificial Neural Network
- Preparation and Research on Bi2Te3-based Thermoelectric Films by VAPE Method
- Study of the Relationship Between Regional Landscape Patterns and Soil Erosion Based on RS and Gis
- Liu Shaoqi is one of the main leaders in the Chinese Communist Party…
- The Emissions of Greenhouse Gases from Larix Gemlini Swamps Soils in XiaoXing’An Mountains of China
- Research on Cultivable Bacteria Diversity and Ultrastructure of the Fermentation Chamber of Holotrichia Parallela (Coleoptera: Scarabaeidae)
- The Optimization of the Photolithography Process for 0.35um BiCMOS Product
- Microwave-assisted Synthesis and Bioactivity of Novel Substituted Bisoxadiazole and Bistriazole Derivatives Containing Pyridine Rings
AHP Capital structure China commercial bank Commercial banks core competence corporate governance countermeasure countermeasures credit risk Development Development Strategy economic growth evaluation Factor Analysis FDI Foreign Direct Investment game theory human capital Index system industrial structure Innovation Internal Control Listed companies Listed Company management marketing marketing strategy Model performance Performance evaluation Performance Management Project Management Real Estate research Risk risk management strategy Supply chain Supply chain management sustainable development SWOT analysis system urbanization value chain