, one of the most famous translators in late Qing Dynasty, is one of the forerunners of the translation of Western literary works. He absorbs the new ideas of Western literature、literary concept、style and writing skills to initiate the translation of modern literary. Although he is ignorant of foreign language, with the help of partner’s interpreting, he’s translated foreign literary works nearly two hundred from 1890 to 1919. He broadens our view, promotes the development of literature and left us a lot of translated novels, essays fiction, poetry, painting and other rich cultural heritage.” ’s Translated Novels” possess large quantity, high quality and noticeable-impact, but everyone differs on its . Many translators and scholars have written many articles to review and his translations, but they mostly comment from the traditional linguistic angle. From a and cultural point, based on Lin Shu’s translation theories and motives, this thesis analyses the specialty and progress of “Lin Shu’s Translated Novels”, and summarize concisely his thoughts in the translation experience; Secondly, combining the life in the era of Lin Shu, literary and political background and personal experiences, thoughts conditions and other factors, this thesis analyses his translation motivation, the target text and and skills. From the of version Thief Story and the original Oliver Twist , the author selects certain different instances of translation strategies which reflect the polish, addition, abridged, adapted translation to presents his translation achievements in language、artistic glamour and technique, in order to explore his own translation thought, literature ideas and writing techniques. Finally, the thesis explores the status and contributions of “Lin Shu’s Translated Novels” in the history of Chinese literature, especially for the elementary of modern writers, the similarities and differences between Chinese and Western literature and promotion of the role of language change of Chinese literature.The accomplishments and limitations of a translator are inseparable from himself, especially from the and cultural environment he lives in. For only with the fully integrate his life and values in different stages of change can we make objective and fair of “Lin Shu’s Translated Novels”, then the study of Lin Shu’s translation studies will be further.
Frequent Buyer Deals!
Buy 4 Get 1 Free
Customer Care Center
Exclusive Order Taking Hotline
- Dynamic Adaptation to Communication Context in Cultranslation
- The Research on the Evaluation of the Quality of the Tax Resource of the Value-Added Tax About Hunan Manufacturing Industry
- Research on Detecting Algorithm of Moving Dim Small Targets in IR Images with Complex Cloud Background
- The Clinical Research of Nourishing Kidney Kidney Promote Ovulation Decoction Add-Subtract Treating the Small Follicle Ovulation
- A Research on Meme of Chinese Network Popular Words Based on Classification
- The Effect to Quality of Life Caused by Occupational Stress of Life Insurance Sale
- Deviation and Overregularity
- Bondage and Freedom: Female Survival in a Mercy
- Argument on the the Transition Period of Leading Socialist Values
- An Empirical Analysis of the Efficiency of Chinese A Stock Market by the Fractal Dimension Analysis
AHP Capital structure China commercial bank core competence corporate governance countermeasure countermeasures credit risk Development Development Strategy economic growth evaluation Factor Analysis FDI Foreign Direct Investment game theory human capital Index system industrial structure Innovation Internal Control Listed companies Listed Company management marketing marketing strategy Mechanism Model performance Performance evaluation Performance Management Project Management Real Estate research Risk risk management strategy Supply chain Supply chain management sustainable development SWOT analysis system urbanization value chain