Translation is a communicative act carried out between two cognitive systems with Relevance Theory (RT) as a guide by means of the medium of language that involves the cognition of the original writer, the translator and the target language reader. According to Zhao Yanchun (2003, 05) default is the filtered information which has no influence on the contextual effect, it is communicative strategy related to cognition in a work creation. Whether adopt default in translation completely depends on the purpose of the translator and the extent of translatability. It demands the translator’s responsibility to reduce the inter-lingual difference through certain strategies. Relevance theory manifests defaults and corresponding translation for it takes communication as a dynamic cognitive process.On the level of textual comparison, the phenomena oftake important position and scholars throughout the world make their efforts in this aspect. However, there have been no complete and thorough comparisons between two different English versions of a work.The purpose of this thesis is to explore the following problems by combining RT with on translating texts: For what purpose default is used in translation? And to what extent the relevance are achieved?Using the concept of “relevance” as an evaluating criterion, this dissertation begins with the introduction of the concepts in RT and the on in Hongloumeng, with the aim of getting systematic recognition on this problem and comparing the reconstruction strategies of default translation in Hongloumeng. This paper includes five chapters.In the Introduction the author introduces the research achievements on RT inside and outside China, current research gap, originality of this paper as well. Since default basically involves cognitive psychology in communication, and RT is a communicative theory concerning cognition, RT naturally can explain default and its application in literature translation.
Frequent Buyer Deals!
Buy 4 Get 1 Free
Customer Care Center
Exclusive Order Taking Hotline
- Study on Selection of Construction Material Suppliers and Joint Optimization of Multi-stage Inventory
- Max’s Freedom Theory and Its Contemporary Value
- Research for Logistics Talent Strategy and Development of Zhoushan Port Based on the Construction of International Logistics Island
- A Further Investigation of Major Measures for Administrative Accountability System
- The Intergenerational Transformation of Social Capital and Class Solidification
- The Research on the Long March Spirit and It’s Time Value
- Language is not only an important instrument for communication, but …
- Nanzhao Kingdom’s Political Identification to Tang Dynasty and its Modern Inspiration
- The Research on Enterprise Management of China’s Government Human Resources
- Research on Rehearsal Strategy Intervention for Short-term Memory of Children with Down Syndrome
AHP Capital structure China commercial bank Commercial banks core competence corporate governance countermeasure countermeasures credit risk Development Development Strategy economic growth evaluation Factor Analysis FDI Foreign Direct Investment game theory human capital Index system industrial structure Innovation Internal Control Listed companies Listed Company management marketing marketing strategy Model performance Performance evaluation Performance Management Project Management Real Estate research Risk risk management strategy Supply chain Supply chain management sustainable development SWOT analysis system urbanization value chain