Corporate governance mechanisms, especially board-related issues, have drawnattention from both academia and business community all over the world. This papertries to conduct an in-depth research on the relationship between board stability andcorporate performance based on previous studies.The paper screens out262Chinese listed firms which had their IPOs before Dec.31,1999. The study runs regression analyses on the panel data of these firms from2001to2010. The empirical results indicate that state-owned companies andnon-state-owned ones seem to have distinct board mechanisms. For state-owned firms,the significant connections between board stability and corporate performances statethat previous poor (good) performances will lead to board instability (stability). Inaddition, the ratio of shares held by top10shareholders, the ratio of independentdirectors in board and change of board chair have significantly correlations with boardstability. However, there are no clear evidences proving that similar relationshipbetween board stability and performance exists among non-state-owned companies.What’s more, current board stability has significant impact on performance whileLagged board stability shows no significant connection. The variables of current andlagged leverage rates and the growth rate of total assets are also significantly relatedto corporate performance.This paper conducts robust tests by introducing new variables such as the returnon total assets, the ratio of shares held by insiders, the current and lagged growth ratesof revenues and so forth. The results are consistent with previous findings.
Frequent Buyer Deals!
Buy 4 Get 1 Free
Customer Care Center
Exclusive Order Taking Hotline
- Xinjiang Muslim Soldiers Comparative Study of the Concept of Marriage and Childbearing
- A Microscopic Coaxial Observation of Excimer Laser Processing System
- Mathematical biology which is widely used in biology-related fields …
- Ruian Administrative Division Adjustment Function of Villages and Towns Government Locate Studies
- Wisdom in Exchanging Love Familial Relationship Interpretation by “Social Exchange Theory”in Anne Tyler’s Novels
- The principle and manufacture of a V-band phase-shifter which is use…
- On the 2005 International Engineering Meetings (IEM2005) held in Hon…
- “Xiao ke Bu mei”is Diabetes Insomnia, Diabetes combined insomnia, an…
- Study on the Maturity Assessment and Development Strategies of Exchange-type Logistics Public Information Platform
- The High Frequency Free-field Reciprocity Calibration of Condenser Microphones
AHP Capital structure China commercial bank Commercial banks core competence corporate governance countermeasure countermeasures credit risk Development Development Strategy economic growth evaluation Factor Analysis FDI Foreign Direct Investment game theory human capital Index system industrial structure Innovation Internal Control Listed companies Listed Company management marketing marketing strategy Model performance Performance evaluation Performance Management Project Management Real Estate research Risk risk management strategy Supply chain Supply chain management sustainable development SWOT analysis system urbanization value chain