Nowadays, most of the important decisions are not made alone. People areinteracting with each other, giving and receiving recommendations, in order to maketimely and well-considered decisions. Moreover, due to the globalization which hasgathered momentum during the last decades, great deals of political or economicissues are now discussed by multicultural persons. However, when people withdifferent cultural background are making decisions together, divergences incommunication become clearly significant.The objective of this study was to investigate the effect of communicationstyles, in an international team, on decision making choice and behavior. Based onthe literature review, we first built an accurate conceptual model and formulatedhypotheses. The independent variables were communication formulation (positivedirect, negative indirect and positive interrogative indirect) and communication way(text, voice, video), and the dependent variables represented objective and subjectivemeasurements. Chinese-American cross-cultural team was studied inthis research. A -mediated3x3experiment was conducted with72Chinesestudents as decision makers and2American students as advisors. descriptivestatistics, ANOVA and Post-Hoc tests were used for testing the hypotheses.The results confirmed expectations that Chinese as decision makers weremore willing to change their decision and ranked higher their perceived influencewhen the advice was formulated using a positive direct formulation, and when it wasconveyed using video. We also found evidence that indirect communicationformulations had less effect on the decision makers’ perceived influence when theinformation was conveyed using text messages. Finally, it also came out that positivecommunication formulations had a stronger impact on trust when the communicationway used to provide the advice was based on a listening way (voice or video).
Frequent Buyer Deals!
Buy 4 Get 1 Free
Customer Care Center
Exclusive Order Taking Hotline
- Study on Resistance of Different Tree Species (Variety) to Holcocerus Hippophaecolus (Lepidoptera: Cossidae)
- The Study on the Developmental and Intellectual Status of Infants with Congenital Heart Disease
- Chaos Synchronization of Neurons Via Active Disturbance Rejection Control
- The Research on Task-based Product Design Process Management
- Empirical Analysis of Operational Efficiency of Listing Retail Enterprises Based on DEA Model
- The Clinic Study of XiaoZhangZhuYun Tablet in the Treatment of Spleen-Deficiency and Qi-Stagnation Tybe of Senile Constipation
- A Study of Zheng Zhenduo’s Literary Translation
- Research on the Amending of Continuous Cropping Obstacle Soils and Its Mechanism with Special Microbial Fertilizer
- Study on Similarity Measure Meathod and Its Software Development for Complex Mechanical Product Systems
- Research on Liabilities for the Duty Tort of a Dispatched Employee
AHP Capital structure China commercial bank Commercial banks core competence corporate governance countermeasure countermeasures credit risk Development Development Strategy economic growth evaluation Factor Analysis FDI Foreign Direct Investment game theory human capital Index system industrial structure Innovation Internal Control Listed companies Listed Company management marketing marketing strategy Model performance Performance evaluation Performance Management Project Management Real Estate research Risk risk management strategy Supply chain Supply chain management sustainable development SWOT analysis system urbanization value chain