Nowadays, most of the important decisions are not made alone. People areinteracting with each other, giving and receiving recommendations, in order to maketimely and well-considered decisions. Moreover, due to the globalization which hasgathered momentum during the last decades, great deals of political or economicissues are now discussed by multicultural persons. However, when people withdifferent cultural background are making decisions together, divergences incommunication become clearly significant.The objective of this study was to investigate the effect of communicationstyles, in an international team, on decision making choice and behavior. Based onthe literature review, we first built an accurate conceptual model and formulatedhypotheses. The independent variables were communication formulation (positivedirect, negative indirect and positive interrogative indirect) and communication way(text, voice, video), and the dependent variables represented objective and subjectivemeasurements. Chinese-American cross-cultural team was studied inthis research. A -mediated3x3experiment was conducted with72Chinesestudents as decision makers and2American students as advisors. descriptivestatistics, ANOVA and Post-Hoc tests were used for testing the hypotheses.The results confirmed expectations that Chinese as decision makers weremore willing to change their decision and ranked higher their perceived influencewhen the advice was formulated using a positive direct formulation, and when it wasconveyed using video. We also found evidence that indirect communicationformulations had less effect on the decision makers’ perceived influence when theinformation was conveyed using text messages. Finally, it also came out that positivecommunication formulations had a stronger impact on trust when the communicationway used to provide the advice was based on a listening way (voice or video).
Frequent Buyer Deals!
Buy 4 Get 1 Free
Customer Care Center
Exclusive Order Taking Hotline
- Evaluation on Comprehensive Benefits of Eco-agricultural Construction in Middle Area of Northern Foothill of Yinshan Mountain
- As a strategic emerging industry, bio-pharmaceutical is one of the m…
- Study on the Integrated Process of H2O2 Production from Hydrogen and Oxygen and Epoxidation of Allyl Chloride
- Research and Implementation of Continuous Phase Modulation
- Relationship Study on between Humanistic Caring Ability of Nursing Undergraduates and the Perceptions of Clinical Nursing Teachers’ Caring Behaviors
- The Investigation of Hepatits B Virus (HBV) Contamination of the Dental Instruments and Study of the Binary Disinfectant-box for the Dental Handpieces
- The Preparation, Modification of Supported Titanium Catalyst and the Study on Diolefin Polymerization
- Duplexor is the key device that enforces duplex working in Radar,Sat…
- Methyl oxalate （MG）, due to its unique molecular structure （both …
- Research on Group Work Intervention in Poor College Students’ Interpersonal Communication
AHP Capital structure China commercial bank Commercial banks core competence corporate governance countermeasure countermeasures credit risk Development Development Strategy economic growth evaluation Factor Analysis FDI Foreign Direct Investment game theory human capital Index system industrial structure Innovation Internal Control Listed companies Listed Company management marketing marketing strategy Model performance Performance evaluation Performance Management Project Management Real Estate research Risk risk management strategy Supply chain Supply chain management sustainable development SWOT analysis system urbanization value chain