Nowadays, most of the important decisions are not made alone. People areinteracting with each other, giving and receiving recommendations, in order to maketimely and well-considered decisions. Moreover, due to the globalization which hasgathered momentum during the last decades, great deals of political or economicissues are now discussed by multicultural persons. However, when people withdifferent cultural background are making decisions together, divergences incommunication become clearly significant.The objective of this study was to investigate the effect of communicationstyles, in an international team, on decision making choice and behavior. Based onthe literature review, we first built an accurate conceptual model and formulatedhypotheses. The independent variables were communication formulation (positivedirect, negative indirect and positive interrogative indirect) and communication way(text, voice, video), and the dependent variables represented objective and subjectivemeasurements. Chinese-American cross-cultural team was studied inthis research. A -mediated3x3experiment was conducted with72Chinesestudents as decision makers and2American students as advisors. descriptivestatistics, ANOVA and Post-Hoc tests were used for testing the hypotheses.The results confirmed expectations that Chinese as decision makers weremore willing to change their decision and ranked higher their perceived influencewhen the advice was formulated using a positive direct formulation, and when it wasconveyed using video. We also found evidence that indirect communicationformulations had less effect on the decision makers’ perceived influence when theinformation was conveyed using text messages. Finally, it also came out that positivecommunication formulations had a stronger impact on trust when the communicationway used to provide the advice was based on a listening way (voice or video).
Frequent Buyer Deals!
Buy 4 Get 1 Free
Customer Care Center
Exclusive Order Taking Hotline
- Research on the Designal Theory of the Shifting Drive Bearing
- The Reasons for the Lack of Contemporary College Students’ happiness and Its Countermeasures
- Research on Advance Pricing Arrangements of Multinational Enterprise-Base on Game Theory
- Popularization of Marxism is the strategic tasks of party’s17, it is…
- Hybrid Reliability Analysis for Structure with Fluctuant Distribution Parameters and Its Application
- Green chemistry is a cross frontier discipline which involves the wh…
- Research on Approach and Impact of Intellectual Capital Toward Upgrading of Textile Industry in China
- Model and Analysis of Investment Combination on Pension Fund of China
- With the development of wireless communications technologies, the ne…
- Study on Dynamic Test and Control System of Seed Separator’s Feed Quantity
AHP Capital structure China commercial bank Commercial banks core competence corporate governance countermeasure countermeasures credit risk Development Development Strategy economic growth evaluation Factor Analysis FDI Foreign Direct Investment game theory human capital Index system industrial structure Innovation Internal Control Listed companies Listed Company management marketing marketing strategy Model performance Performance evaluation Performance Management Project Management Real Estate research Risk risk management strategy Supply chain Supply chain management sustainable development SWOT analysis system urbanization value chain