Nowadays, most of the important decisions are not made alone. People areinteracting with each other, giving and receiving recommendations, in order to maketimely and well-considered decisions. Moreover, due to the globalization which hasgathered momentum during the last decades, great deals of political or economicissues are now discussed by multicultural persons. However, when people withdifferent cultural background are making decisions together, divergences incommunication become clearly significant.The objective of this study was to investigate the effect of communicationstyles, in an international team, on decision making choice and behavior. Based onthe literature review, we first built an accurate conceptual model and formulatedhypotheses. The independent variables were communication formulation (positivedirect, negative indirect and positive interrogative indirect) and communication way(text, voice, video), and the dependent variables represented objective and subjectivemeasurements. Chinese-American cross-cultural team was studied inthis research. A -mediated3x3experiment was conducted with72Chinesestudents as decision makers and2American students as advisors. descriptivestatistics, ANOVA and Post-Hoc tests were used for testing the hypotheses.The results confirmed expectations that Chinese as decision makers weremore willing to change their decision and ranked higher their perceived influencewhen the advice was formulated using a positive direct formulation, and when it wasconveyed using video. We also found evidence that indirect communicationformulations had less effect on the decision makers’ perceived influence when theinformation was conveyed using text messages. Finally, it also came out that positivecommunication formulations had a stronger impact on trust when the communicationway used to provide the advice was based on a listening way (voice or video).
Frequent Buyer Deals!
Buy 4 Get 1 Free
Customer Care Center
Exclusive Order Taking Hotline
- A Fulcrum of the Epic
- Analysis on Fairness of Public Expenditure in China’s Compulsory Education and Optimized Strategies
- The Discussion and Analysis on Internet’s Impacts on the Development and Dispersal of the Traditional Interpersonal Relationships
- Research on Energy Consumption Quota and Cleaner Production Evaluation System of the Commercial Concrete
- A Case Study of Teaching This Cheongsam Is Nicer Looking Than That One
- The Preparation of Polyethersulfone Membrane and Modified Research
- This paper based on the domestic and foreign available researches in…
- Final Drive Design Platform Which Can Response to Customer’ Demands Quickly Research
- Feasibility Study of Construction Projects of Tuanbo Model Town in Jinghai Country
- The Fallacy of the Welfare Society
AHP Capital structure China commercial bank Commercial banks core competence corporate governance countermeasure countermeasures credit risk Development Development Strategy economic growth evaluation Factor Analysis FDI Foreign Direct Investment game theory human capital Index system industrial structure Innovation Internal Control Listed companies Listed Company management marketing marketing strategy Model performance Performance evaluation Performance Management Project Management Real Estate research Risk risk management strategy Supply chain Supply chain management sustainable development SWOT analysis system urbanization value chain