With the rise of the stake of institutional investors, the relaxation of governmentcontrol and actively promoting, the institutional investors of the United States, Britainand other western countries have gradually given up the past and passive means of”vote with their feet”, beginning to use the positive mode of “voting with the hand”.The rising of shareholder activism of institutional investors attracts the attention ofscholars at home and abroad. In addition, the research and development activities arenot only the impetus ofsurvival and development, but also an importantfactor for investors to predict the prospects of business development. Therefore, theR&D input will become a topic of concern to institutional investors.Based on Institutional shareholder activism theory and principal-agent theory,this thesis explores the institutional investors to exercise positive power. Furthermore,this thesis studies the necessity of influence of institutional investors to R&D inputfrom two aspects of the cause and the mode of action. Finally, it probes into therelationship between institutional investors and R&D input of listed companies. In theempirical test part, the thesis chooses the2007-2010of China’s domestic A-sharelisted companies which was injected by institutional investors as a sample. Then,using the holding ratio of overall institutional investors, the holding ratio of differenttypes of institutional investors and R&D intensity as explanatory variables, weexamines the relationship between institutional investors and R&D of listedcompanies. The study shows that China’s institutional investors can urge listedcompanies to increase R&D input, while different types of institutional investors varyin their influence to R&D input of listed companies. In addition, the listed companiesto increase R&D input will attract some institutional investors to increase their stake.This indicates that the development of institutional investors in China is not yetbalanced, which need to continue reform and improve.Finally, according to the findings, this thesis gives some advices:(1)Develop theinstitution investors vigorously and optimize the structure of institutional investors;(2)Relax appropriately or remove related laws and regulations of institutional investorsto participate in ;(3)Increase R&D input of listed companies andmake a win-win situation between listed companies and institutional investors.
Frequent Buyer Deals!
Buy 4 Get 1 Free
Customer Care Center
Exclusive Order Taking Hotline
- Monitoring and Analysis of Rural Drinking Water in Changyi District of Jilin City
- Syntheses, Crystal Structures and Properties of Metal-organic Coodination Polymers Constructed from the2,5-Dihydroxy-1,4-Benzene Dicarboxylic Acid Ligands
- Design of Radio Interface Based on FPGA
- Partnership Strategy is a basic strategic choice of China’s diplomac…
- Study on Literary Inquisiiton in Theory of Rhetoric at the Basis of “Four World”
- Ultrastructure and Indentification of the Chorion in Nilaparvata Lugens (St(a|°)l)
- The Stability and Decentralized Stabilization Control for Generalized System
- Pyridine-2, 6-bis（oxazolino） （pybox） is a C2-symmetri…
- Semi-Active Flutter Suppression of a Wing Using Magnetorheological Dampers
- Ecological Study on the Soil Animal Community at the Natural Reserve of FuNiu Mountain
AHP Capital structure China commercial bank Commercial banks core competence corporate governance countermeasure countermeasures credit risk Development Development Strategy economic growth evaluation Factor Analysis FDI Foreign Direct Investment game theory human capital Index system industrial structure Innovation Internal Control Listed companies Listed Company management marketing marketing strategy Model performance Performance evaluation Performance Management Project Management Real Estate research Risk risk management strategy Supply chain Supply chain management sustainable development SWOT analysis system urbanization value chain