This study contributes to the finance research that examines how country-specific investors’ risk perceptions of investments in Africa differ. In this case, risk perceptions of Chinese and Dutch professionals, working on Africa investments for policy banks and institutions in China and the Netherlands respectively, are compared. Existing literature suggests that Chinese and Western investors perceive importance of various risks differently. However, no conclusive research has been performed on Africa specific risk perceptions of Dutch and Chinese investors.By means of a statistical analysis of survey results, I examine how country and project risk perceptions differ between Chinese&Dutch professionals working for financial institutions that invest in Africa. Eighteen Dutch investors and fifteen Chinese investors from four different financial institutions ranked twenty-six risk factors on a Likert type scale. By following a distribution fitting approach, the risk factors were ranked by their level of importance for both samples.The results show that although there are various similarities between both samples’risk perceptions, the ranking of the priority risks is substantially different. Chinese investors perceive political country risks, such as conflicts, government stability and bureaucracy quality, and religious and ethnic tensions as very important. The Dutch investors find the project risks; corporate governance, financial project risks and environmental and social risks most important. Similarities between both samples risk perceptions can be found in the average importance of corruption risk, the high importance of environmental and social risk, and the little importance of a country’s economic and financial risk. This study suggests that based on the similarities in risk perceptions, common grounds can be found for cooperation in the African market.
Frequent Buyer Deals!
Buy 4 Get 1 Free
Customer Care Center
Exclusive Order Taking Hotline
- The Core Competitiveness of the Municipal Chinese Medicine Hospital of JiangSu Province
- Research on the Magnetic Property of High-Speed Pcb Design
- The Supports of Our Party and Nation for the Rural Girls in Elementary Education Since the Reform and Open Policy
- Investigation on Chopping Rising Edge of KrF Laser Pulse Using Saturable Absorption
- Research on 1.53μm Eye-Safe Laser Optical Parametric Oscillator
- Research on the Classification Method of Remote Sensing Images Based on Spectral and Texture Features Fusion
- The Study on Yizu Marriage and Funeral of Guizhou
- Low Carbon Consumption–the Transformation of Chinese Residents’ Consumption
- Research on Zhu Guangqian’s Esthetics Thought
- Gear’s Fault Diagnosis Based on Noise Reduction by Wavelet and HHT
AHP Capital structure China commercial bank Commercial banks core competence corporate governance countermeasure countermeasures credit risk Development Development Strategy economic growth evaluation Factor Analysis FDI Foreign Direct Investment game theory human capital Index system industrial structure Innovation Internal Control Listed companies Listed Company management marketing marketing strategy Model performance Performance evaluation Performance Management Project Management Real Estate research Risk risk management strategy Supply chain Supply chain management sustainable development SWOT analysis system urbanization value chain