As a significant way to reallocate theresources reasonably, Merger andacquisition(M&A) has always been playing an active role in both domestic and overseacapital markets. M&A has such a strategic significance that it has an irreplaceable effect onthe development of a firm. While a successful M&A deal brings rich profits to the firm, afailing one may drive the firm to the last ditch. The selecting of the target firms is especiallyan important step during the course of M&A decisions. Under different market environmentsand circumstances, the M&A motive and behavior differ from one firm to another. Among agreat number of M&A deals, how to identify target firms is quite important to either listedcompanies, investors, intermediaries or regulatory authorities, and so on. Since theimplementing reform on non-tradable shares fundamentally changes the market backgroundfor listed companies, a new M&A trend is coming. Therefore, in current new environmentand policies, all kinds of interest groups pay more attention to how to target firmsduring the course of M&A.This study applied variables selected based on acquisition theories and attempted toidentify potential takeover targets using all available firms from2009to2010. Also, weexamined whether a could outperform Logit analysis.We found that acquired firms were usually small, experienced lower growth rate, andwere relatively concentrated in certain industries. We proved that takeover targets could be ed using model and the results are very promising. The ion rateis reach to78percent, performing better than logit analysis. And model is lesslikely to identify non-target to target firms.
Frequent Buyer Deals!
Buy 4 Get 1 Free
Customer Care Center
Exclusive Order Taking Hotline
- Verification Study on Competency Model of Head in Township Hospital
- The Research of User Experience Design in Mobile Payment
- Synthesis and Characterization of Polyether Ionic Liquids
- Synthesis and Properties Study of Supramolecular Metallocycles Decorated by Ferrocene and/or Dendrimers
- Engine exhaust noise control is an important factor in vehicle noise…
- The Development of Chinese Political Culture and Construction of a Harmonious Socialism Society in the Contemporary
- The Study of Relationship between the Social Responsibility of Business and Enterprise Performance
- Study on the Index System of Clinical Medicine Technology Assessment
- The Clinical Observation Ofyangxindingjitang Treatment for Ventricular Contractions
- Synthesis and Properties Research of Silver Nanoparticles with High Dispersion Stability
AHP Capital structure China commercial bank Commercial banks core competence corporate governance countermeasure countermeasures credit risk Development Development Strategy economic growth evaluation Factor Analysis FDI Foreign Direct Investment game theory human capital Index system industrial structure Innovation Internal Control Listed companies Listed Company management marketing marketing strategy Model performance Performance evaluation Performance Management Project Management Real Estate research Risk risk management strategy Supply chain Supply chain management sustainable development SWOT analysis system urbanization value chain